[libvirt-users] Is it possible to get the vm which is using a storage pool's volume?

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Mon Apr 14 14:56:53 UTC 2014

On 04/14/2014 02:52 AM, Pasquale Dir wrote:
> Hello,
> how can I programmatically get the vm which is currently using a storage
> volume? I looked at the apis but I can't find anything about it.

No one has contributed such an API yet, although I think it would be a
welcome addition.  For now, the best you can do is list all domains and
parse their XML to see if any of their disks refer to a file that lines
up with any of the storage volumes.  Not pretty, but virt-manager
already has code that does this (in the python bindings), if you want to
use that as a starting point.