[libvirt-users] libvirt with glusterfs problem

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Thu Apr 17 13:30:11 UTC 2014

On 04/11/2014 02:10 AM, lyz_pro wrote:
> Sorry, My mistake. the libvirt error output is:
> error: Timed out during operation: cannot acquire state change lock

I wonder if this is the same bug as what has been raised on the qemu list:

https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/qemu-devel/2014-04/msg02699.html

> Running hypervisor: QEMU 1.6.2
> glusterfs-3.4.1-3.el6.x86_64

If I'm correct, the bug is happening because the version of qemu you are
using calls glfs_fini in the wrong place, where older glusterfs treated
the call as a no-op but the newer glusterfs you are using hangs when
called in the wrong order.  If so, the fix is in qemu, not libvirt.