[libvirt-users] "virt-install" source location boot disk

Jay Vyas jayunit100 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 19:31:59 UTC 2014

Hi virt, im stumped... any help would be appreciated.

I normally create my VMs like this:

base="http://mirror.pnl.gov/fedora/linux/releases/20/Fedora/x86_64/os/"
sudo virt-install --hvm --name $vm_name$i --ram 4000 \
--disk path=/VirtualMachines/$vm_name$i,size=30 \
--location $base -x  "ks=http://xxx.os21.ks$kx"

HOWEVER... I'm finding that my VMs dont boot after i restart the Host.

My question is:  Where is virt-install writing the boot disk to?

I get a error message that the "boot failed" because the hard disk, is
not a bootable disk.

But I can't imagine where else to boot from ?  Because I point
my --location of the original boot to the source code repo itself....

ANY help would be appreciated thanks!