[libvirt-users] routed subnet problem

Patric Buskas patric.buskas at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 03:31:03 UTC 2014

Hi,

I'm new to libvirt so please bear with me.

I am trying to set up a routed subnet on my laptop with libvirt, hoping it
to be able to communicate with all servers in my nw.
My laptop is on a subnet, 192.168.2.0/24, with a static ip, 192.168.2.27.
I have "more or less" followed this guide for routed networks,
https://www.berrange.com/posts/2009/12/13/routed-subnets-without-nat-for-libvirt-managed-virtual-machines-in-fedora/
The "more or less" part is that I have a Asus RT-N56U router with the
static route set as in the guide and I'm not running wifi.
With this setup I can reach, within the 192.168.200.0/24, all guests within
192.168.200.0/24, internet and the laptop but I can not reach any server on
the laptop subnet.
traceroute from guests to servers in the laptop subnet is only giving
"stars" infinitely
nmap from guests to services in the laptop subnet is saying "filtered"
Obviously I've done something wrong but I can't find out what.
I also may have misunderstood the meaning of routed network within libvirt.
Please give me some advise to solve this problem.

Some facts:
The laptop is running Ubuntu 13.04
The net-dumpxml
https://gist.github.com/kakbit/11103807