[libvirt-users] XP and virtio

Sven Schwedas sven.schwedas at tao.at
Fri Aug 1 06:29:22 UTC 2014

On 2014-07-31 20:05, Mauricio Tavares wrote:
>       So I need to create a XP vm. I am using lvm logical volumes for
> its disk, so I am using virtio. I got the iso in
> http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/virtio-win/latest/images/bin/images/,
> but how do I feed it to the XP install? I did try to mount it as a
> floppy and it hung there on "please wait"; I guess that means it did
> not like a 70MB iso as its floppy. But it also does not seem to want
> to look for the drivers if I mount the .iso as a CD. What else can I
> try?

XP cannot read drivers from additional CDs. You either have to integrate
them into the installer with nLite or similar tools, or copy them to a
floppy format recognized by XP (whatever that would be).

Sven Schwedas
Systemadministrator
TAO Beratungs- und Management GmbH | Lendplatz 45 | A - 8020 Graz
Mail/XMPP: sven.schwedas at tao.at | +43 (0)680 301 7167
http://software.tao.at