[libvirt-users] Ubuntu Trusty: failed to create VM due to permission denied

Jianfeng Tang Jianfeng.Tang at riverbed.com
Tue Aug 5 23:23:55 UTC 2014

Hi, libvirt experts,

I used libvirt to create a VM and used backing store to a local file. It
works fine until I installed my box to Unbuntu Trusty (14.04). I got the
following errors when I tried to start the VM:

Could not open backing file: Could not open <path to my backing file>:
Permission denied

However, if I moved my image file (not base image) to default location
/var/lib/libvirt/images. It works.

It seems something related to selinux. However, my box seems not have
selinux installed at all.

Anyone knows how to fix this?

Thanks,
~Frank