[libvirt-users] Ubuntu Trusty: failed to create VM due to permission denied

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Wed Aug 6 16:18:56 UTC 2014

On 08/06/2014 10:02 AM, Jianfeng Tang wrote:
> Thank you Eric. Yes, it looks like AppArmor caused the problem. I will
> google on how to disable it.

That feels wrong.  "My security process is preventing me from doing
something wrong because I didn't configure it to match my usage
patterns, so I'm going to disable security".  Rather, you should google
for how to add additional storage pools to what AppArmor will allow, so
that you can continue to have a secure setup.  (I feel the same way
about people that complain that SELinux prevented them from doing
something, so they disable SELinux instead of fixing their process to
use SELinux correctly)