[libvirt-users] virt-sandbox-service

Gene Czarcinski gczarcinski at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 17:33:07 UTC 2014

On 08/21/2014 09:18 AM, Gene Czarcinski wrote:
> Is there any documentation/tutorial that explains how to use
> virt-sandbox-service?
>
> After looking at some writeups about virt-sandbox-service, this looks
> like a good tool for something I need to do.  But, following the
> "examples" I cannot get anything to work correctly.
>
> With a simple xfce install with httpd, lighttpd, and libvirt-sandbox
> installed, I tried:
>
> 1. virt-sandbox-service create -C -u lighttpd.service webserver1
>
> which produced a python traceback??
>
> 2. virt-sandbox-service create -C -u httpd.service webserver2
>
> Which appeared to work correctly but when I tried:
>    virt-sandbox-service start webserver2
>
> I got an error message saying that "start" was not valid???
>
> 3.  On another system with lighttpd and httpd already installed and
> able to run, I updated libvirt and friends to the preview version. My
> virtual systems seem to run OK.  I then installed libvirt-sandbox and
> tried:
>    virt-sandbox-service create -C -u httpd.service tstserver
>
> which got some error messages about sockets.
>
> I assume that this stuff has to work for someone.
Never mind ... enough googling finally produced the needed info which is:
http://sandbox.libvirt.org/quickstart/ and
http://sandbox.libvirt.org/networking/

BTW, it would be nice if the quick-start info also pointed to the on on
networking.  While the networking is obvious once I read the document,
it was not so obvious without reading the document.

Gene