[libvirt-users] Unable to find security driver for label selinux

Qiang Guan hzguanqiang at corp.netease.com
Fri Aug 29 02:03:18 UTC 2014

Hi experts,

I want to have a test on security driver for libvirt lxc on my debian
system.
What I do is as the following steps:
1) download the source code from git://libvirt.org/libvirt.git
2) compile and install with the source code as following:
./autogen.sh --system
./configure --with-selinux=yes --with-secdriver-selinux=yes
make -j8 & make install

root at debian:~/github/libvirt.git/tools# ./virsh --version=long
Virsh command line tool of libvirt 1.2.8
See web site at http://libvirt.org/
Compiled with support for:
Hypervisors: QEMU/KVM LXC UML OpenVZ VMWare VirtualBox Test
Networking: Remote Network Bridging Interface udev Nwfilter VirtualPort
Storage: Dir Filesystem SCSI Multipath LVM
Miscellaneous: Daemon Nodedev SELinux Secrets Debug Modular

3) then I define a lxc vm with the seclabel :
root at debian:~/images# vir dumpxml lxc
<domain type='lxc'>
<name>lxc</name>
<uuid>b1b787a1-d20e-48bd-938b-16ba61d22405</uuid>
<memory unit='KiB'>419404</memory>
<currentMemory unit='KiB'>419404</currentMemory>
<vcpu placement='static'>1</vcpu>
<resource>
<partition>/machine</partition>
</resource>
<os>
<type arch='x86_64'>exe</type>
<init>/sbin/init</init>
<cmdline>console=tty0 console=ttyS0</cmdline>
</os>
<clock offset='utc'/>
<on_poweroff>destroy</on_poweroff>
<on_reboot>restart</on_reboot>
<on_crash>destroy</on_crash>
<devices>
<emulator>/usr/local/libexec/libvirt_lxc</emulator>
<filesystem type='mount' accessmode='passthrough'>
<source dir='/tmp/rootfs'/>
<target dir='/'/>
</filesystem>
<console type='pty'>
<target type='lxc' port='0'/>
</console>
</devices>
<seclabel type='dynamic' relabel='yes'/>
</domain

4) When I start the vm, It output an error:
root at debian:~/images# vir start lxc
error: Failed to start domain lxc
error: unsupported configuration: Unable to find security driver for
label selinux

What's the problem?
Really appreciate for any help.

--