[libvirt-users] [help] Does "virsh blockpull" works on live virtual machine

chenyanqiu at keytonecloud.com chenyanqiu at keytonecloud.com
Thu Aug 7 11:35:09 UTC 2014

Thanks, Eric!
However, I met more problems today. I tried blockpull with an test env. And virsh command returned an error:
error: failed to query job for disk /test/over_5_1.qcow2
error: internal error: client socket is closed
error: One or more references were leaked after disconnect from the hypervisor
error: Reconnected to the hypervisor

I "qemu-img info" the top image, its back file was already pointed to the base file.
But the virtual machine process's cpu load was very high in the hypervisor, and that vm was a "dummy" machine, should not be high loaded.
I don't know whether the pull operation is still going on or not, and what is the final result.

And one more question hits me. What if the "blockpull" command fails? will it leave the disk files in unconsistant/corrupt state?
Thank you very much.

Daniel