[libvirt-users] Windows 8 virtualized on a Linux host

arnaud gaboury arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 10:57:25 UTC 2014

I plan to dual boot w8 and Archlinux, and virtualize the same w8
machine with libvirt qemu/kvm.

I already did the dual boot. I am now starting the virtualization.
My plan was to use the w8 partition as a Disk volume pool [1].
Unfortunately, I didn't noticed only FAT32 was a valid format when I
installed w8 on NTFS.

I need to change my whole setup, but beforethat,  I want to be sure
libvirt does not accept NTFS. So please, can you confirm?
Then, it seems I am in trouble as my readings let me think w8 will not
install on FAT32. Am I correct?

Now it sounds to me I am in a dead end. Does anyone have any hint to
achieve my plan?

Thank you for any suggestions.

[1]http://libvirt.org/storage.html