[libvirt-users] Support live migration of OpenVZ container

Hongbin Lu hongbin at savinetwork.ca
Wed Aug 13 22:20:01 UTC 2014

Hi libvirt team,

I was trying to migrate an OpenVZ domain from one host to another host. It
seems that the live migration of OpenVZ container is there (
https://openvz.org/Migration_from_one_HN_to_another), but it haven't been
integrated to libvirt yet. In particular, I ran the following commands and
it failed:

$ sudo virsh migrate --live --verbose --undefinesource 101 openvz+ssh://
root at 10.12.1.39/system
error: this function is not supported by the connection driver:
virDomainMigrate3

Could anyone confirm if libvirt supports live migration of OpenVZ domain.
If yes, please let me know the correct way to do that. If no, I would like
to know if there is a plan to add support for that. I don't mind to submit
a patch if your team likes to review it. Please let me know. Thanks.

Best regards,
Hongbin