[libvirt-users] esx: upload the volume

Matwey V. Kornilov matwey.kornilov at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 15:18:05 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am running virsh 1.0.2 with standalone esxi 5.5up1

I would like to upload iso image to the esxi. I am executing commands
vol-create followed by vol-upload, that leads me to success for
libvirt/qemu.

But with esx driver I get the following.

virsh # vol-create-as --pool datastore2 --name
coreos_production_iso_image.iso --format raw --capacity 139460608
error: Failed to create vol coreos_production_iso_image.iso
error: internal error Volume name 'coreos_production_iso_image.iso'
doesn't have expected format '<directory>/<file>'

virsh # vol-create-as --pool datastore2 --name
'coreos/coreos_production_iso_image.iso' --format raw --capacity 139460608
error: Failed to create vol coreos/coreos_production_iso_image.iso
error: internal error Volume name
'coreos/coreos_production_iso_image.iso' has unsupported suffix,
expecting '.vmdk'

The error messages lead me to idea that I am doing something wrong.