[libvirt-users] Libvirt-install w8 iso

arnaud gaboury arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
Sat Aug 16 11:50:41 UTC 2014

I am using this command to install a w8 guest on my Archlinux host:

virt-install --connect qemu:///system --name=tintinVM --ram 4096 --cpu
host-model-only --os-variant=win7 --disk
/dev/vg0/tintin,size=120,bus=virtio,sparse=false,format=raw
--name="tintinVM" --network bridge=virbr0,model=virtio --graphics
spice --cdrom /dev/cdrom

The virtual machine window open and show the blue windows logo. But
then nothing happens and I can't start the install process. I hav eno
idea why.

The w8 iso file is clean. I test booting from it and I can start the install.

What is wrong with my command? How can I try another way (like
mounting the ISO on a dir). I dual boot arch and w8, so there is
already a w8 installed on my ssd. Maybe can make an .img of the
installed w8 then use this img ? Or directly use the partiton?

I must add my machine boots in EUFI, not sure it has something to do.

Then, I have issue when loading KVM kernel modules: permission denied.

The user is in the KVM & qemu group, and /dev/kvm belongs to user:kvm. I need to
# rmmod kvm_intel before I start $ virt-install .....

Last, I don't understand well if I need to use qemu///system or
qemu///session ? My goal is to let users start a VM when in their arch
session.

Thank you for any suggesuions.

--

google.com/+arnaudgabourygabx