[libvirt-users] Building virt-top to SLES 11 SP3

cjlove at san.rr.com cjlove at san.rr.com
Mon Aug 25 04:59:33 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I was curious whether anyone has successfully built virt-top (version 1.0.8) on SUSE SLES11 SP3.  SUSE's ocaml support is rather limited, so I've built ocaml 4.00.1 from source and installed the necessary dependencies using Opam.

I'm still running into a compile error on virt_top.ml, line 697:
Error: This expression has type int -> D.typed_param list array
       but an expression was expected of type
         (string * D.typed_param_value) list array

As a frame of reference I was able to build virt-top 1.0.8 from source on a Fedora Core 20 box with the necessary ocaml -devel RPMs installed (also ocaml 4.00.1), so I don't know if I'm running into other dependency issues or something else.  The ocaml-libvirt package version 0.6.1.2 compiles successfully, which suggests that SLES 11 SP3 has a sufficient version of libvirt.

Thanks in advance,

    Chris