[libvirt-users] Compile error on centos 7 : undefined reference to `virConnectNetworkEventRegisterAnyCheckACL'

Eric Blake eblake at redhat.com
Tue Aug 26 16:54:41 UTC 2014

I'm confused.  Earlier, you said:

> ./configure  --prefix=/usr --with-xen=no --with-qemu=no
> --with-openvz=no --with-vmware=no --with-esx=no --with-parallels=no
> --with-bhyve=no  --with-uml=no --with-vbox=no --with-selinux=no

> configure:
> configure: Configuration summary
> configure: =====================
> configure:
> configure: Drivers
> configure:
> configure:       Xen: no
> configure:      QEMU: yes

but here, qemu shows as yes.  Are you sure you are reporting from the
same build tree?

> p.s.
> I have no error when compiling libvirt-1.2.7 on second  CE-7 host.
> But on second host I installed previously libvirt from  rpm, then
> remove rpm and after this successfully compile libvirt 1.2.7 with same
> options.

So maybe we have a bug where the build depends on pre-installed files,
rather than building properly from the tarball.  Good thing it's easy to
make a virgin VM to test this theory.  Like I said, I'll try and
reproduce and fix this, but it may be a couple days.