[libvirt-users] Cputune causing VM to show usage as hardware interrupts

Tyler Wilson kupo at linuxdigital.net
Wed Aug 27 20:34:39 UTC 2014

Hey All,

What is the correct method for using cputune to use a percentage of a host
core? From testing I currently have period set to 10,000 and quota set to
3,500. This gets me 35% of a used core on the host (36  3.4   2:42.20
qemu-system-x86) however when running stress inside the VM I am showing
this usage in top;w

%Cpu(s):  0.0 us,  0.0 sy,  0.0 ni,  0.0 id,  0.0 wa, 35.2 hi,  0.0 si,
64.8 st

Is this the intended result or are my numbers incorrect for this goal? I am
running libvirtd 1.2.2.

Thanks for the assist.