[libvirt-users] Problem with /dev/tty in LXC established with virt-install

Vegard Vesterheim vegard.vesterheim at uninett.no
Mon Dec 1 12:20:37 UTC 2014

On Mon, 01 Dec 2014 12:07:37 +0100 Vegard Vesterheim <vegard.vesterheim at uninett.no> wrote:

> # mknod -m 666 /dev/tty c 4 0
> mknod: `/dev/tty': Operation not permitted

In the manual for the LXC driver this part of my question is answered:

   "The container init process will be started with CAP_MKNOD capability
   removed and blocked from re-acquiring it. As such it will not be able
   to create any device nodes in /dev or anywhere else in its
   filesystems."

Further down the manual says:

   "Further block or character devices will be made available to
   containers depending on their configuration."

So, my question is: How can I add the device node for /dev/tty with
libvirt?

 - Vegard V -