[libvirt-users] Freeze Windows Guests For Consistent Storage Snapshots

Payes Anand payes.anand at cloudbyte.com
Thu Dec 11 06:40:58 UTC 2014

Hi,
Is it possible to freeze windows guests for a consistent storage level
snapshot.
I am using openstack icehouse on centos 6.6
Hypervisor: KVM
Libvirt: 0.10.2
Qemu: 0.10.2

Guest OS: Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008

I was able to freeze Centos guests by issuing the  command:
virsh qemu-agent-command <guest_ID> '{"execute":"guest-fsfreeze-freeze"}'

For CentOS guests, I enabled access between compute nodes and guests
through a socket by setting metadata parameter, hw_qemu_guest_agent=yes for
the guest image.
And then installing qemu-guest-agent inside the guest.

What steps do i have to follow for windows ?

Regars,
Payes