[libvirt-users] why CPU pinning doesn't take effect when using lxc-enter-namespace to run an application

WANG Cheng D Cheng.d.Wang at alcatel-sbell.com.cn
Mon Dec 22 08:40:03 UTC 2014

Dear all,

I want my container to run on the third CPU core and I define this by the following xml scrpits:
<vcpu placement="static" cpuset="3">1</vcpu>

When I run my application in a container terminal, I can see the application runs on the third core as expected.
When I run my application using lxc-enter-namespace, the CPU pinning doesn't take effect, i.e., the application runs on a core which isn't the third one.

How can I solve this problem?

Any replies are highly appreciated.

Cheng