[libvirt-users] LXC container driver

arnaud gaboury arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 12:08:45 UTC 2014

> NB user namespaces are a fairly new piece of functionality that
> is still somewhat rough around the edges. You usuaully want to
> have the most recent kernel.org stable kernel available when
> using this.

Yes, I confirm it is a little bit touchy for me.

gabx at hortensia ➤➤ ~ % uname -a
Linux hortensia 3.12.9-2-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Jan 31 10:22:54 CET
2014 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I do think my kernel is not too old.

> They are broadly speaking functionally equivalent but using libvirt gives
> you all the usual benefits libvirt has. Stable API, accessible from
> multiple programming languages, stable configuration, integration with
> other apps using libvirt. eg you can use virt-top to monitor things
> or virt-manager as a GUI frontend, etc, etc

Ok, I understand and it is the reason why I decided to stay away from
LXC. So, even if it is less user-friendly, I will keep libvirt, as in
the past it gave me full satisfaction, the mailing-list tool included
:-)