[libvirt-users] LXC container driver

arnaud gaboury arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 14:54:58 UTC 2014

> You didn't specify any URI for the hypervisor so libvirt will have
> guessed on. From the error it sounds like it guessed QEMU instead
> of LXC. Either use  virsh -c lxc:///, or set LIBVIRT_DEFAULT_URI=lxc:///
> or edit your libvirt.conf to set a default

I am getting very tired :-(

1- libvirt was NOT installed on my Arch box !! Shame on me
2- edited libvirt.conf:
uri_default = "lxc:///"
3. edited dahlia.xml as it has a typo : exec instead of exe in the os section

Result:

gabx at hortensia ➤➤ /drawer/vm # virsh define dahlia.xml
Domain dahlia defined from dahlia.xml

Now I have to read more about all this UID/GID mapping story, or get
more sleep maybe.

TY so much Daniel for your help