[libvirt-users] method for communication between containers

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Thu Feb 27 10:29:46 UTC 2014

On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 06:28:46AM +0000, WANG Cheng D wrote:
> Dear all,
> In my system, two containers need to exchange data as quick as possible
> and the two containers are hosted by the same physical machine, I wonder
> if socket is the only method for communication between containers?

If you have an area of filesystem that is shared + writable to both
containers, they could create UNIX sockets in that filesystem, rather
than TCP sockets. Also they could create named FIFO pipes.

Another option would be to create a shared memory backed file in shmfs
or hugepagefs and expose it to both containers.

Regards,
Daniel