[libvirt-users] Can I move the disk image of the guest while it is running?

Gergely Horváth gergely.horvath at inepex.com
Wed Feb 5 15:58:00 UTC 2014

Hello guys!

We want to move some guests' disk images to different locations (within
the same machine, locally), but we do not want to turn off the guests.
Can we do that while the guest is running, like live migration?

I did not find any related documentation or posts about it.

Let's say the guest has a disk at /ssd/image.raw
We want to move that to /hdd/image.raw

Is there any way to do that without interrupting the guest?

--
Üdvözlettel / Best regards

Horváth Gergely | gergely.horvath at inepex.com

IneTrack - Nyomkövetés egyszerűen | Inepex Kft.
Ügyfélszolgálat: support at inetrack.hu | +36 30 825 7646 | support.inetrack.hu
Web: www.inetrack.hu | nyomkovetes-blog.hu | facebook.com/inetrack

Inepex - The White Label GPS fleet-tracking platform | www.inepex.com