[libvirt-users] Fwd: Connecting disks to controller virtio-scsi of qemu/kvm

chickenmarkus at freenet.de chickenmarkus at freenet.de
Fri Feb 7 20:33:52 UTC 2014

Hello,

after another issue with discard I understood how it works.

-device virtio-scsi-pci,id=scsi0
--> Creates the controller with id scsi0.
-drive file=/dev/ssd0/sarabi,if=none,id=drive0
--> Initialize only (if=none) an image/volume to use.
-device scsi-hd,bus=scsi0.0,drive=drive0
--> Creates the disk on base of drive0 and connect it to port 0 of
controller scsi0 over bus=scsi0.0.

Thanks for not killing me.

Bye Markus