[libvirt-users] Connection from host to lxc container dbus

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Wed Feb 12 10:37:42 UTC 2014

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 11:33:07AM +0100, Piotr Bartosiewicz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am unsuccessfully trying to connect from host to containers dbus.
> Inside container dbus socket file is visible as /run/dbus/system_bus_socket.
> The problem is that /run is mounted as tmpfs in container (by
> systemd on container) and thus the directory content is not visible
> outside the container.
> Is there any way to make this file visible also outside the container?

Is systemd itself setting up the /run tmpfs or have you got libvirt
doing that ? If the former, you can can switch to making libvirt do
it and then add in the dbus mount too eg something like this:

  <filesystem type="ram">
     <source usage="1024"/>
     <target dir="/run"/>
  </filesystem>
  <filesystem type="mount">
     <source dir="/run/dbus"/>
     <target dir="/run/dbus"/>
  </filesystem>

Alternatively just use a single mount

  <filesystem type="mount">
     <source dir="/run/dbus"/>
     <target dir="/some/where/else"/>
  </filesystem>

and then inside the container startup do  'mount --bind /some/where/else /run/dbus"

Daniel