[libvirt-users] LXC container driver

arnaud gaboury arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 11:51:10 UTC 2014

Dear all,

I am slowly building a Arch Linux VM guest on my Arch Linux host.

The guest machine is now built and is recognized as shown by this command :

gabx at hortensia ➤➤ ~ % machinectl list
MACHINE                          CONTAINER SERVICE
dahlia                           container nspawn

1 machines listed.

I an following the libvirt.org documentation. Now, according this
page[1] about lxc driver, i am dealing with namespace requirements.
This sentence, in bold, puzzles me:

A suitably configured UID/GID mapping is a pre-requisite to making
containers secure, in the absence of sVirt confinement.

If I understand what a namespace is, I have no idea how to make sure
my UIG/GID mapping is well configured. I would appreciate having any
hints abut this part of the settings.

Another question : is there any advantage/disadvantage using the lxc
Userspace tools[2] instead of libvirt to manage these namespaces ?

Thank you for help.

[1]http://libvirt.org/drvlxc.html
[2]http://linuxcontainers.org/