[libvirt-users] LXC container driver

arnaud gaboury arnaud.gaboury at gmail.com
Wed Feb 12 14:21:18 UTC 2014

I am totally lost in this UID/GID mapping. Maybe all this stuff is
just beyond my competence.

For now, I am writing a basic mydomain.xml file following these 3 wiki:
LXC container from libvirt.org[1]
Linux containers guide from Rad Hat 7[2]
getting start with lxc from P.Berrange [3]

This is the basic .xml file:

<domain type='lxc'>
    <name>dahlia</name>
    <memory>409600</memory>
    <os>
        <type arch='x86_64'>exec</type>
        <init>/bin/init</init>                         * systemd is
default and PID1 is init on my Arch box
        <vcpu>4</vcpu>
    </os>
    <devices>
        <emulator>/usr/lib/libvirt/libvirt_lxc</emulator>  * it is the
path on Arch
        <console type='pty'/>
    </devices>
</domain>

Unfortunately :

gabx at hortensia ➤➤ /drawer/vm # virsh define dahlia.xml
error: Failed to define domain from dahlia.xml
error: internal error: unexpected domain type lxc, expecting one of
these: qemu, kqemu, kvm, xen

What is wrong ?

[1]http://libvirt.org/drvlxc.html
[2]https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/7-Beta/html-single/Linux_Containers_Guide/index.html