Re: [libvirt-users] bridge / ubuntu / no arp reply

On 25.02.2014 22:45, François Chenais wrote:
Hello

I'm trying to setup a bridged guest on an ubuntu 13.10 but it doesn't work.

(Everything is ok with NAT)

Network sniffing shows that arp replies don't come back to the guest.

Test 1
------

Guest : ping host_bridge_ip   (ok)

Test 2
------

Guest: ping other_lan_host (KO)

      other_lan_host

             - receives arp who-is request
             - sends arp reply
             - arp -a   shows the guest macaddr

      => Guest doesn't receive reply

Test 3
------

other_lan_host ping the Guest   (KO)

    - arp -a shows "incomplete" addr
    - Guest receives nothing

On Host
-------

network tcpdump on bridge or vnet interfaces shows request but no reply ...

Thanks in advance for help or ideas

     François

I suspect firewall. By my experience 99% of network issues is caused by firewall. Try flushing all tables and see if that helps.

Michal