[libvirt-users] VirtFS accessmode

Hi all,

I'm trying to share a folder between a host and a guest using VirtFS.

The source is NAS mounted on the host and QEMU runs as unprivileged user.

The only way for me to use the folder inside the guest is to set the access mode to 'squash' but all file operations are performed by the user running QEMU.
If I ran QEMU as root, the passthrough mode works as expected.

Is there the possibility to configure the passthrough access also for non-root users?

Thanks,

Matteo

Matteo Lanati
Distributed Resources Group