[libvirt-users] libvirt on armhf with selinux driver

Ivan Gooten ivanogot at gmail.com
Mon Jan 13 18:27:49 UTC 2014

On 01/13/2014 04:50 PM, Michal Privoznik wrote:
> On 13.01.2014 16:10, Ivan Gooten wrote:
>> hi,
>>
>> recently i've been busy with libvirt(d) v1.2.0 on armhf and i see, even
>> if selinux sec driver is enabled on the configure stage, the driver is
>> not finally created. these configure parameters are:
>>
>> --with-selinux
>> --with-secdriver-selinux
>> --with-selinux-mount=/sys/fs/selinux
>>
>> the /sys/fs/selinux is valid, selinux is running in permissive mode, got
>> also libselinux DEV package installed, so no missing req. headers here.
>>
>> when trying to run libvirtd, i'm getting:
>>
>> error : virSecurityDriverLookup:78 : unsupported configuration: Security
>> driver selinux not enabled
>> error : lxcSecurityInit:1461 : Failed to initialise security drivers
>> error : virStateInitialize:854 : Initialisation of LXC state driver
>> failed: unsupported configuration: Security driver selinux not enabled
>> error : daemonRunStateInit:909 : Driver state initialisation failed
>>
>> someone got any clue what may be causing this?
>>
>> thanks,
>> ivan gooten
>>
> Are you sure selinux is enabled? Not enforcing, just enabled.
>
> Michal

hi,

thank Michal and Daniel for your answers.

so here i provide the configure summary:
http://pastebin.com/un0UnFCP

for me it looks okay, and below is is the sestatus:

SELinux status:                 enabled
SELinuxfs mount:                /sys/fs/selinux
SELinux root directory:         /etc/selinux
Loaded policy name:             default
Current mode:                   permissive
Mode from config file:          permissive
Policy MLS status:              enabled
Policy deny_unknown status:     allowed
Max kernel policy version:      28

this is custom kernel 3.10 with debian testing a.k.a. jessie.
also, my friend with the same configuration on rpi, except for his newer
kernel, is having same stranginess.

ivan