[libvirt-users] Does libvirt lxc driver support "cpuset" attribute?

WANG Cheng D Cheng.d.Wang at alcatel-sbell.com.cn
Wed Jan 15 05:49:23 UTC 2014

Dear all

I allocate only one vcpu for the container by the following statement, that is, I want to pin the vcpu to physical core "2".
<vcpu placement='static' cpuset="2" >1</vcpu>
My host has 4 physical cores. Before test, all the 4 cores are idle. After I run 4 processes in the container, I found all the 4 cores in the host are 100% used. That is, the container is pinned to all the available physical CPUs. This is not what I want.
My libvirt version is 1.0.3.
Although "vcpupin" element also can be used to pin vcpu, according to http://libvirt.org/formatdomain.html , "vcpupin" element is not supported by lxc driver.

I wonder if it is the older version of libvirt that causes the problem?

Thank you in advance.
Cheng Wang