[libvirt-users] Newbie question about network setup

hubert depesz lubaczewski depesz at depesz.com
Thu Jan 23 12:45:21 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 22, 2014 at 07:41:51PM -0400, Jorge Fábregas wrote:
> On 01/22/2014 09:44 AM, hubert depesz lubaczewski wrote:
> > Is the solution to it addition of 5 separate "networks" in libvirt, and
> > then connecting each guest to its own "network"?
>
> Yes, that's it.  Right now I suggest you create 5 separate "isolated"
> networks if you want true isolation.  If you create 5 standard (NAT)
> networks, with different addresses of course, there's a bug around that
> would allow VMs from one network to contact the rest in *other*
> networks.  This is an issue with how iptables rules are configured by
> libvirt.  Not many people seem to care so there's no urgency to fix it :(

Well, yeah - but I want these instances to have internet access.

I.e. each of them should be able to connect to host system, and then,
using it as gateway, to internet.

I just want them to be invisible to each other.

Best regards,

depesz

--
The best thing about modern society is how easy it is to avoid contact with it.
                                                             http://depesz.com/