[libvirt-users] If it's possible for a third-party PCIe card to be shared by multiple containers

WANG Cheng D Cheng.d.Wang at alcatel-sbell.com.cn
Wed Jan 15 00:58:54 UTC 2014

Dear all,

I have a thirty-party PCIe card in my host which can work properly in native mode.

I wonder if this card can be shared by multiple containers.

As far as the network interface is concerned, too many efforts have been made for it. Two dedicated cgroup resource schedulers/subsystem(net_cls, net_prio) have been provided at the kernel level, and libvirt has also done a lot of work on virtual networking to enable network interface sharing between containers.

As it's difficult for me to implement all these things that have been done for network interface, I should find other way to enable sharing of this card.

Do you have any idea?

Any comments will be high appreciated.

Cheng Wang