[libvirt-users] Should domain be undefined after migration, or not?

Brian Candler b.candler at pobox.com
Mon Jan 20 15:53:35 UTC 2014

On 20/01/2014 17:44, Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> For historical reasons the default is to leave the config file
> present on the source machine. You can control this behaviour
> though when triggering migration. There are an insane number
> of possible scenarios...
>
>     http://libvirt.org/migration.html#config
Many thanks. It looks like --undefine-source --persist is what I was
looking for. I'll need to dig a little deeper to see how virt-manager
behaves.

I think the explanation for the behaviour I observed is when the VM was
migrated from A -> B -> C, and I was watching the B -> C migration. It
was persistent on A but transient on B.

Thanks again,

Brian.