[libvirt-users] running LXC hello world example

Jacob Everist jacob.everist at gmail.com
Wed Jan 22 18:34:06 UTC 2014

Hello,

I am having difficulty getting any sort of LXC container running.  I am
trying to use the following tutorial to run the hello world example:

https://www.berrange.com/posts/2011/09/27/getting-started-with-lxc-using-libvirt/

Here are the results of my running the tutorial:

[root at terraria ~]# virsh list
 Id    Name                           State

[root at terraria ~]# virsh uri
lxc:///

[root at terraria ~]# cat helloworld.xml
<domain type='lxc'>
  <name>helloworld</name>
  <memory>102400</memory>
  <os>
    <type>exe</type>
    <init>/bin/sh</init>
  </os>
  <devices>
    <console type='pty'/>
  </devices>
</domain>
[root at terraria ~]# virsh define helloworld.xml
Domain helloworld defined from helloworld.xml

[root at terraria ~]# virsh start helloworld
error: Failed to start domain helloworld
error: internal error guest failed to start: PATH=/bin:/sbin TERM=linux
container=lxc-libvirt container_uuid=791640de-95a9-082c-7292-c55106bcdca9
LIBVIRT_LXC_UUID=791640de-95a9-082c-7292-c55106bcdca9
LIBVIRT_LXC_NAME=helloworld /bin/sh
error receiving signal from container: Input/output error

---

As you can see, I am getting an error.  How do I go about diagnosing this
error?  This is a fresh install so the only thing I have been using this
machine for is for LXC/libvirt testing.

--
Jacob Everist

cell:  310-425-9732