[libvirt-users] How can I setup a privileged container

WANG Cheng D Cheng.d.Wang at alcatel-sbell.com.cn
Wed Jul 2 15:09:28 UTC 2014

Dear all,

I want to setup a privileged container, which means I can set the priority of a process to SCHED_RR (real-time) dynamically by calling sched_setscheduler() in a C program running on a container.
In my system (host: fedora19, container: fedora19, libvirt 1.2.5), my C code reports "operation not permitted" when sched_setscheduler() is called.
I found a link (https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvir-list/2014-June/msg00562.html) which is talking about container capability drops and keeps, but only "nice" is mentioned and I don't know how to turn on "priority" feature on a container?

Any comments are highly appreciated.
Cheng