[libvirt-users] Acces to hypervisor from a KVM guest

Jean-Pierre Ribeauville jean-pierre.ribeauville at systar.com
Fri Jul 4 10:23:39 UTC 2014

Hi,

>From a KVM guest, I want to retrieve  the hostname of the host on which the hypervisor is running.
Before doing that by using libvirt API, I first try via virsh.
So, I run  virsh and the run hostname command.( got that in virsh help :  .... hostname                       print the hypervisor hostname ....)
Unfortunately, I got following error when starting virsh :

error: Failed to reconnect to the hypervisor
error: no valid connection
error: internal error Unable to locate libvirtd daemon in /usr/sbin (to override, set $LIBVIRTD_PATH to the name of the libvirtd binary)

Do I miss to install some package on my KVM guest ? or is it not the right way to get this information ?

Any help is welcome.

Thx.

[cid:image001.png at 01CF75CE.35F97F50]

Jean-Pierre RIBEAUVILLE