[libvirt-users] vhost-net requested but could not be initialized

Asadullah Hussain asadxflow at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 03:42:47 UTC 2014

Thanks Wangkai but libvirt infact pre-configures network tap devices and
pre-opens /dev/vhost-net file and passes these to qemu as open, ready to
use file descriptors.

My issue is that my qemu requires that /dev/vhost-net directory is removed
and it's kernel module be unloaded. Then it creates a vhost -net device
using its own configuration.

--
Cheers,

Asadullah Hussain