[libvirt-users] missing libvirt-sock and libvirt-bin after compile libvirt 1.2.6

Yuanzhen Gu yg185 at cs.rutgers.edu
Wed Jul 30 15:27:16 UTC 2014

Good morning there,

I compiled and installed libvirt latest version 1.2.6, previously I have
apt-get install libvirt-bin, which should be virsh --version:  0.9.8.
after apt-get purge libvirt-bin, I compile the libvirt 1.2.6 and installed
it,  when configure, I did:
./configure --prefix=/usr --localstatedir=/var --sysconfdir=/etc
--with-esx=yes

I have compiled qemu and installed too, and make a symbolic link to
/usr/bin/qemu-system-x86_64

but my question is even I launch a vm in qemu, $virsh list showed nothing,
further more,

1) if I use virtual machine manager, it get connection failiure, due to
socket to '/var/run/libvirt/libvirt-sock'; No such file of dirctory.

2). there is missing libvirt-bin under /etc/init.d/,  after compile and
installed libvirt 1.2.6

3). I tried to start libvirtd daemon, sudo  /usr/sbin/libvirtd/start
shows    "/usr/sbin/libvirtd: unexpected, non-option, command line
arguments"

4). I've checked /var/log/libvirt/libvirtd.log
      which shows cannot find suitable emulator for x86_64

I've stuck here for whole afternoon yesterday, any help or suggestion is
highly appreciated !! thanks a lot in advance !

Best,
Yuanzhen
Best,
Yuanzhen