[libvirt-users] changing the priority of a process in the container is not permitted

WANG Cheng D Cheng.d.Wang at alcatel-sbell.com.cn
Wed Jul 2 07:22:44 UTC 2014

Dear all,

I want to run a process in a container with a real-time (RT) priority. When the sched_setscheduler(0, SCHED_RR, &sparam) is called in the container, an error is reported which is "operation not permitted"
I had added the following line in the file /etc/security/limits.conf for both the host and the container, which means allowing all users to change the priority of the process, but it still doesn't work.
*     -        rtprio 100
I wonder how to change the privilege of a container so that it has the similar privilege of the root user of the host.

Thank you in advance
Cheng