[libvirt-users] Libvirt 1.2.6 patch for Hyper-V 2012 R2 ?

Evgeny Vasilchenko EVasilchenko at absolute.com
Tue Jul 8 22:24:05 UTC 2014

Well... I've integrated this patch into the 1.2.6 source tree, successfully compiled & installed libvirt on a

===
# virsh -V
Virsh command line tool of libvirt 1.2.6
See web site at http://libvirt.org/

Compiled with support for:
 Hypervisors: QEMU/KVM LXC UML Hyper-V Test
 Networking: Remote Network Bridging Interface udev Nwfilter VirtualPort
 Storage: Dir Filesystem SCSI Multipath
 Miscellaneous: Daemon Nodedev AppArmor Secrets Debug Modular
===

I have enabled Basic authentication and HTTP trasnsport at Hyper-V server as described in http://libvirt.org/drvhyperv.html#auth

Whenever I try to login to Hyper-V server - I'm getting the below error message:

=====
virsh # connect hyperv://hyper-v-hostname/?transport=http
Enter username for hyper-v-hostname [administrator]: foreman
Enter foreman's password for hyper-v-hostname:
2014-07-08 22:09:18.656+0000: 7416: error : hypervDebugHandler:1400 : openwsman error: NULL response
error: Failed to connect to the hypervisor
error: internal error: Transport error during enumeration: User, password or similar was not accepted (26)
=====

===== Windows Security Even Log =====
An account failed to log on.

Account For Which Logon Failed:
	Security ID:		NULL SID
	Account Name:		foreman
	Account Domain:	VCR1SCVMM2

Failure Information:
	Failure Reason:		Unknown user name or bad password.
	Status:			0xC000006D
	Sub Status:		0xC000006A
===== Windows Security Even Log =====

The "foreman" is a local username I have created at Hyper-V server and also added to local "Hyper-V Administrators" group.
I have also tried DOMAN\username and username at doman.com AD login forms too.

Any ideas?

Thank you!