[libvirt-users] Connecting to session instance without socket path is not supported by the ssh connection driver

Theodotos Andreou theo at ubuntucy.org
Wed Jun 25 09:13:22 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I have setup some Virtualbox VMs under my normal user session. When I
try to list the vbox machines locally I get:

$ virsh -c vbox:///session list
  Id    Name                           State
  3     Ubuntu-MASS-controller         running

When I try to list the machines from a remote location I get:

$ virsh -c vbox+ssh://theodotos@10.0.2.2/session list
setlocale: No such file or directory
error: failed to connect to the hypervisor
error: Operation not supported: Connecting to session instance without socket path is not supported by the ssh connection driver

I have setup public key authentication between the remote machine and
the VBox host.

Any idea what am I doing wrong?