[libvirt-users] Fedora 19/20 new install :Unable to create vcpu cgroup

Patrick Chemla patrick.chemla at performance-managers.com
Mon Jun 16 08:21:11 UTC 2014

Hi,

I have now 2 servers, each with 128Gb memory and 6c/12t processors and
2Tb RAID1 disks. It should large enough.

1 server is running Fedora 20 kernel 3.14.7-200.fc20.x86_64.

I set the second server back to Fedora 19 running kernel
3.14.4-100.fc19.x86_64.

I am running virt-manager-1.0.1-3.fc20.noarch from my Fedora 20 desktop
kernel 3.14.6-200.fc20.x86_64.

I have created a VM Fedora20 onto my desktop, I tested there and it's
OK, and I have transfered the disk image to the 2 servers.

On Fedora 19 server, I can start this image, but it seems it is not
fully started because I can't connect to it through the virt-manager,
nor I can't find its IP address to try ssh.

I tried to create a new VM and it works just fine.

On Fedora 20

I tried to create a new VM based on Fedora20 DVD.iso. I am getting this
message when the VM is started:
Impossible de terminer l'installation : « internal error: process exited
while connecting to monitor: Failed to create chardev
»

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/asyncjob.py", line 91, in
cb_wrapper
callback(asyncjob, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/create.py", line 1787, in
do_install
guest.start_install(meter=meter)
File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtinst/guest.py", line 403, in start_install
noboot)
File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtinst/guest.py", line 467, in _create_guest
dom = self.conn.createLinux(start_xml or final_xml, 0)
File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 2897, in
createLinux
if ret is None:raise libvirtError('virDomainCreateLinux() failed',
conn=self)
libvirtError: internal error: process exited while connecting to
monitor: Failed to create chardev

So I will format all my servers to Fedora 19.

Thanks for help

Patrick