[libvirt-users] What is the best virtual network for my case?

Pasquale Dir phate867 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 1 20:15:03 UTC 2014

I have an openvswitch switch controlled by a controller.

I want to have a group of virtual machines which can be on different nodes
but sharing the same ip address thus having the illusion of being on the
same network.

So, each vm I start gets an ip (I was thinking about something like
192.168.y.x 255.255.0.0 where y would be the node and x the vm, this way
each node can have its own dhcp server) which is virtual and belongs to the
same network of the others.

Throught openvswitch I would take care of the communication between
different machines if they belong to different phisical networks.

So, what is the best network configuration according to you?