[libvirt-users] fedora 19 + libvirt-1.0.5.9 routing problems

Patrick Chemla patrick.chemla at performance-managers.com
Wed Mar 5 15:14:27 UTC 2014

Hi,

I am an experienced libvirt user on Fedora versions from F15 to F17.

I have developped scripts to route trafic from outside on multiple
interfaces/multiples IPs to multiple VMs, and back to affect each VM the
required external IP address.

I have servers with more than hundreds external IPs, and up to 4 VMs,
each of them route trafic on different external IPs.

I have servers with Fedora F17 which work very fine with this.

Now libvirt-1.0.5.9 comes to Fedora 19 with many iptables default rules
that refrain me to use my scripts.

So I put in /etc/libvirt/hooks /qemu the right rules to get trafic to my
VMs, but I can't set trafic back to external with the right external IP.

The -j SNAT --to-source ot -j MASQUERADE dont work, are ignored, and I
dont see any packet through these rules in iptables -tnat -L POSTROUTING.

I used tcpdump to trace packet on the physical server on virbr0
interface and on eth0 interface. I see the packets on outgoing route.

But, the ougoing packets are presented to the external interface with
the internal address 10.0.0.x instead of the address specified in the -j
SNAT rule.

Am I the only one in this case?

Somebody could help?

Thanks