[libvirt-users] Connecting libvirt to manually compiled QEMU

Asadullah Hussain asadxflow at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 12:17:52 UTC 2014

Guys thanks a lot for taking the time out to reply, Although adding the
$PATH & symbolic link methods both solved the "No hypervisor found" error
on virt-manager but when I try to create a VM using the wizard it says:

"No hypervisor options were found for this connection"

"This usually means that QEMU or KVM is not installed on your machine, or
the KVM modules are not loaded."

The QEMU I want to connect to libvirt has no KVM kernel drivers (DPDK
Qemu). There is a single binary "qemu-system-x86_64"

I am using virt-manager GUI to see whether qemu is being detected by
libvirt or not (is there a better/CLI method?)

--
Asadullah Hussain