[libvirt-users] Live migration process in src/qemu_driver.ca

Faizul Bari faizulbari at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 16:05:33 UTC 2014

​Hello,

I have been trying to track different phases of a live migration process. I
am using libvirt ​with qemu-kvm. I am issuing migration commands using
virsh.

Now, I want to measure the time spent in each phase of live migration,
e.g., pre-copy and stop-copy. I stumbled upon the file qemu_driver.c. It
has functions like

qemudDomainMigratePrepare2
qemudDomainMigratePerform
qemudDomainMigrateFinish2

I want to know whether qemudDomainMigratePerform and
qemudDomainMigrateFinish2 directly map to the pre-copy and stop-copy phase?
or the qemudDomainMigratePerform function performs both of them?

Any pointers or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Regards
Md. Faizul Bari

PhD Student
David R. Cheriton School of Computer Science
University of Waterloo
{http://www.cs.uwaterloo.ca/~mfbari}
[My mind rebels at stagnation! Give me problems! Give me work!]