[libvirt-users] virsh attach-disk live guest problem

john fisher john at jpfisher.net
Thu Mar 27 18:13:34 UTC 2014

Hypervisor= ubuntu 12.04.2
guest = ubuntu 12.04.4

used virt-manager to create a new storage file in qcow2 format on hypervisor and then attach it to the guest.

In virt-man I can see the disk is attached.
trying virsh attach-disk I get a failure saying disk already attached
virsh dump xml shows the disk at vdb as it should be

but
on the guest, fdisk -l shows no vdb and its not in /proc

I found one reference to apparmor saying add /proc rw to hypervisor's apparmor libvirt conf

But I see some release notes that might be about avoiding this ( sounds insecure)

so... Do I have to stop and restart the guest, change apparmor or what?

--
John Fisher