[libvirt-users] Updating domain XML issue

Brian Rak brak at gameservers.com
Thu May 22 20:14:56 UTC 2014

I'm trying to unmount a guest cdrom using libvirt_domain_update_device
(via php-libvirt).  The guest cdrom is currently mounted via Ceph, via
this XML:

<disk type='network' device='cdrom'>
     <driver name='qemu' type='raw'/>
     <auth username='cdroms'>
         <secret type='ceph' uuid='XXXX'/>
     </auth>
     <source protocol='rbd' name='cdrom/test'/>
     <target dev='hdc' bus='ide'/>
     <readonly/>
     <address type='drive' controller='0' bus='1' target='0' unit='0'/>
</disk>

In order to unmount it, I'm trying to use this XML:

<disk type='file' device='cdrom'>
         <driver name='qemu' type='raw'/>
         <target dev='hdc' bus='ide'/>
         <readonly/>
         <alias name='ide0-1-0'/>
         <address type='drive' controller='0' bus='1' target='0' unit='0'/>
</disk>

However, I'm getting an error from libvirt: 'internal error: invalid
secret type 'ceph''.  I suspect this is because it's still trying to use
the authentication information from the old cdrom definition. How do I
convince it to not do this?  I've tried specifiying an empty <auth/>
block, but that generates it's own error ('missing username for auth')